His father, MohammedHe even plays soccer games on television: “We have to take care of it as best we can. We try to do a lot of it ourselves.”Crucial in the signing of Frenkie de Jong for Barcelona“When I sat down with him, his mother came in and asked Appie if she should go to Barcelona. As soon as she said it, her eyebrow shot up. That was a very special moment”, explained his friend, who now wears blaugrana.Nouri, who is now 22 years old, had been in the Ajax youth academy since he was very young and made his debut with the first team, playing 15 games in which he scored a goal and distributed three assists. Abdelhak Nouri has awakened in 2018 from an induced coma and is progressing favorably, as published From Wereld Draait Door in a special in which they have spoken with his brother. One of Ajax’s young talents, he suffered a cardiac arrhythmia in the field in 2017. Although the doctors managed to revive him, it took too long to open his airways and not using a defibrillator before caused him brain damage. At least that’s what he said Edwin van der Sar, sports director of the club, in a personal statement.The doctors had to induce him into a coma, from which he woke up over time despite the fact that they did not have much hope that he could do it without serious consequences. Now he uses his eyebrows to communicate, despite the fact that since he left the hospital he seems to have shown some improvement, as his brother relates: “He has not been home for a long time, we take care of him there now. I must say that since he is at home, he is doing much better than before in the hospital. He is aware of where he is, he is back in a family environment with his family He is no longer in a coma. He is bedridden and remains very dependent on us. “
Brian Heruela arrival bolsters Phoenix backcourt, defense PBA IMAGESJeron Teng had produced gaudy numbers for Alaska in his first two career games in the PBA, but the rookie is more focused on the simpler figure—the numerical digit under the Aces’ win column.Alaska has yet to win a game in the PBA Philippine Cup after losing 106-98 to TNT Friday at Cuneta Astrodome and Teng just wants to get his first W in the professional ranks.ADVERTISEMENT Teng, however, said that he doesn’t want to step on anybody’s toes and he’s just taking the shots the defense gives him.“I don’t really want to force the issue, I just let the play come to me,” said Teng. “I know anyone in Alaska can score, there are a lot of people who can score, so I just let the play come to me.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ Scottie Thompson also worthy of Finals MVP, thinks Cone Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Meralco ‘never the same’ after Almazan injury in PBA Finals Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Djokovic withdraws from exhibition after more pain in right elbow OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. “Of course no matter how good your game is, if you don’t get the win it’s nothing,” said Teng in Filipino after producing 28 points, a game-high, 10 rebounds, five assists, and four steals.“We’re staying positive, I think we showed some good stuff in this game and from there we’ll work our way for next year. We just have to learn from our two games then we’re looking forward for a better year next year.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkTeng hit two three-pointers in the final minute of the game that cut the deficit to 104-98 but he was too late of a hero as his final shot went in with just 13 seconds left in the clock.After his first two games in the PBA, Teng is averaging 22 points, six rebounds, and two steals while shooting 52 percent from the field. Redemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie Thompson LATEST STORIES View comments
As part of effort to develop Liberia into a vibrant private sector-led economy, 15 beneficiaries of the Branson Scholarship Program were last Tuesday certificated, after completing one year training in entrepreneurship.The scholarship program was offered to the students through the Business Start-up Center (BSC Monrovia), a local non-governmental organization in partnership with SPARK, and the Association ofLiberian Universities (ALU), to promote entrepreneurship and Small, Medium Enterprise (SME) development among Liberia’s youth.In special remarks, Dr. Walter Wiles of the University of Liberia challenged the graduates to put into practice what they have acquired from the year of training.“The knowledge you have acquired doing these few months is intended for you to improve businesses and to provide job opportunity for Liberians, which would help in the economic development of the country,” he said, encouraging the young entrepreneurs.According to him, Liberia cannot be only developed by foreign investors. Instead, it is time for small business owners to take ownership by helping to empower more local businesses people who would compete with the foreign-owned businesses.He also admonished the graduates to organize themselves into a partnership and to work hard, if they want to compete with the foreign investors “Liberia can not only develop by foreign investors, it can be developed if only you can extend what you have learned to other local business owners. You can provide it,” Dr. Wiles added.Earlier, giving an overview of the scholarship, Wilson Idanor, project consultant at BSP, said the aim of the scholarship is to develop Liberian’s entrepreneurs that would act as a catalyst to spearhead the development and acceleration of a vibrant private sector-led economy in the country.Mr. Idanor also said training provided students the opportunity to travel to South Africa, where they were able to interact with local and international business people, on the development of entrepreneurship.According to him, they have selected about 20 students for the next phase of the program which, he said, would begin in September.Angie Howard, one of the beneficiaries of the program thanked the organizers for the opportunity and knowledge they acquired from the training.Madam Howard said the training has empowered them to take their businesses to another level.She called on other Liberians to take the advantage of such opportunity to empower them for the future. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Following a public confrontation between bus operators and a police officer which has since gone viral on social media, two men have been arrested and charged for assaulting the traffic rank.The incident, which occurred on Wednesday, involved operators of Route 45 minibus, BTT 9225.Carlos Bacchus, 29, and Troy Peters, 34, of Victoria, East Coast Demerara (ECD), were slapped with a sleuth of charges including: breach of condition of road service licence, failure to produce driver’s licence, failure to comply with direction and resisting and assaulting an officer.The driver has also been detained and is assisting with the investigation.In light of these incidents, the Police Force is urging citizens to report all cases of misconduct of ranks to the relevant authorities in efforts to maintain peace and good order in society, rather than being confrontational since such behaviour will not be condoned.
…starts chemotherapy in CubaPresident David Granger has been diagnosed with cancer and will undergo chemotherapy in Cuba. This was confirmed in a statement issued by the Embassy of Guyana in Cuba late Wednesday.The President left with his wife, First Lady Sandra Granger for Cuba around two weeks ago. A statement issued by the Ministry of the Presidency on October 29, 2018, confirmed his travel. It said that the President and the First Lady will spend one week in Cuba.Subsequently, another update was provided by the Government which stated that Granger, 73, was resting comfortably at an official residence in Cuba following an intensive series of tests by specialist doctors.According to the statement, he was receiving treatment at the Centro dePresident David GrangerInvestigaciones Medico Quirugicas (CIMEQ) in Havana. At that time, clinical analyses were still incomplete.“The Head of State has responded satisfactorily to medical interventions over the past week… and is recovering well. President Granger wishes to assure all citizens that he is receiving the best possible medical advice and attention. The President wishes to thank Guyanese for their expressions of concern,” the statement said.However, suspicions were raised when the President and his wife did not return for the Local Government Elections (LGE). It was confirmed that he was not given clearance by his doctor to travel.Deputy Director of Press Affairs at the Ministry of the Presidency, Ariana Gordon, was reported in the press as saying that the President would not have been back in time for LGEs.DiagnosesHowever, on Wednesday, the Guyana Embassy in Cuba confirmed that President Granger was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, which is a type of cancer that develops in the lymphatic system.The lymphatic system is part of your immune system. Clear fluid, called lymph, flows through the lymphatic vessels and contains infection-fighting white blood cells, known as lymphocytes.The statement said that on Tuesday, November 6, 2018, the President, was discharged from CIMEQ and returned to his official accommodation.“The President’s medical personnel has now begun the second phase of treatment today, (Wednesday) and he is likely to be placed in CIMEQ for a short period of two to three days,” the statement added. He has already undergone a surgical procedure.During this time, the Embassy said the President has been working and resting in accordance with the advice he has been receiving from his doctors. It said, “He is in fine form and a good frame of mind. He is expected to fully recover under the supervision of his doctors.”The statement also stated that the President extended his deep gratitude to Guyanese at home and in the Diaspora, to the various Prime Ministers and Presidents, to the Caribbean Community Diplomatic Caucus in Cuba, to his friends and colleagues, and all those who sent their best wishes for his full and complete recovery.“Above all, the President would like to publicly thank the President of the Republic of Cuba, the Government of Cuba, and the medical staff of CIMEQ for the special care and attention he has received while in Havana; and, indeed, for the excellent facilities in which he is being accommodated.”The Embassy promised to issue another statement prior to his departure from Cuba.In May of this year, Granger and the First Lady had travelled to Trinidad and Tobago to undergo what was referred to as their annual medical check-up.At the time, and in response to reports in the press, the Government had revealed that the couple did their examinations under a Caribbean medical insurance scheme at the Good Health Medical Centre. Those results, Government had said, indicated a clean bill of health.According to WebMD, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma is cancer that starts in your body’s lymph system. Lymphoma occurs when the lymph node cells or the lymphocytes begin to multiply uncontrollably, producing cancerous cells that have the abnormal capacity to invade other tissues throughout the body.WebMD states that the two main types of lymphoma are Hodgkin’s lymphoma and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma is further classified into a variety of subtypes based on the cell of origin (B-cell or T-cell), and the cell characteristics. The subtype of Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma predicts the necessity of early treatment, the response to treatment, the type of treatment required, and the prognosis. The risk of developing non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma increases with age.
VICTORIA, B.C. – The Province of British Columbia is issuing $500,000 in a new round of age-friendly grants to support senior living.According to Minister of Health, Adrian Dix, age-friendly grants are instrumental in providing support for seniors so they can live independently as possible.“Seniors who are connected to their communities and stay active live longer and healthier lives. Age-friendly grants are instrumental in supporting seniors and I hope communities around British Columbia apply so there can be local supports in place so seniors can live as independently as possible.”- Advertisement -The Government says the age-friendly communities grant program is a partnership between the Province and the Union of British Columbia Municipalities.Local governments and First Nations communities must submit their applications for 2020 grants to the Union of British Columbia Municipalities by January 17, 2020.Communities are eligible for up to $25,000 in grants.Advertisement For more information on age-friendly grants, you can visit the Province’s website.
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! By Naush Boghossian STAFF WRITER The Los Angeles school board unanimously agreed Tuesday to pay a consultant $9.8 million to fix its disastrous computerized payroll system. Although board member Tamar Galatzan said she would have liked more time to review the contract with EPI-USE of Atlanta, district officials said they wanted to resolve the system’s months-old problem as quickly as possible. Superintendent David Brewer estimated it would take until July to fix the problem if district employees were used – a situation he said was unacceptable given the thousands of workers affected by the payroll fiasco. “We don’t worry about money when people aren’t getting paid. We’ve got to get people paid,” he said. EPI-USE has expertise in unsnarling problems with the SAP payroll system – which the district bought as part of a $95million package – providing support when the Los Angeles Community College District experienced similar glitches with the system. EPI-USE will be paid out of funds already allocated to the payroll system. It will provide 20 full-time employees to analyze and repair defects. firstname.lastname@example.org
INDUSTRY – Former colleagues fondly remembered retired Deputy James Leone as a good lawman and a caring, talented person. Leone, 60, died after collapsing during Sunday’s Los Angeles Marathon. It was his 11th year competing in the 26.2-mile race. It appears Leone died of natural causes, Lt. Fred Corrall of the Coroner’s Office said. He had a history of high cholesterol, according to Corrall. Coroner’s spokesman Craig Harvey said the body will be released from a hospital to a private mortuary. Leone, who lived in St. George, Utah, retired from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department in July 2000 after 26 years. He formerly lived in Glendora and worked at the sheriff’s Industry Station from 1981 until he retired, deputies said. Leone was a utility deputy in charge of fleet maintenance and the station, said Lt. Tim Murakami. “He was a very caring person, the kind of guy that if you needed help, he would be there,” Murakami said. Leone’s death came as a shock to the Industry Station, he said. The station has not yet planned a remembrance. Detective Ljot Inglis, who accompanied Leone on yearly fishing trips and was a friend for nearly 20 years, described him as an interesting person. He said Leone was a Mason, a pilot, a martial-arts expert, a runner, owner of a car collection and a mechanic licensed to work on aircraft. Leone also dressed up as a clown and made balloons for children in the hospital, Inglis added. His friend didn’t have an athletic build but was athletic, he said. “He was a really nice guy, he was just a good guy,” Inglis said. No one answered the phone at the Leone’s residence. His wife and daughter, who reportedly were at the marathon, couldn’t be reached for comment Monday. The family asked not to be contacted, said department spokesman Deputy Jeff Cannon. He said the funeral will be private. Los Angeles Police Department Officer Raul Reyna, 53, also died during the marathon, according to marathon officials. He was pronounced dead at a hospital. City News Service contributed to this story. email@example.com (626) 962-881, Ext. 2718 AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORE‘Mame,’ ‘Hello, Dolly!’ composer Jerry Herman dies at 88160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
GERARD’S A WINNER: The winner of the Wednesday Open was the 2011 Captains prize winner Gerard Boyce with a mighty score of 45pts, Gerard is down from a handicap of 24 to 20 and I sure this big hitter will be a lot lower this year.In 2nd spot with 38 pts was our very own house convener Enda Mannion, great to see that the white driver is working for a change.Next Sunday the 15th is the voucher competion and the time sheet is filling up so get your name down. ONLINE BOOKING: We now have online booking in operation; please can you register as soon as possible and tell others that may not see this. It’s a simple procedure and will not take up to much time.If members have no access to a computer they can contact Keith Spence on 0868415451 or Garret Condon 0749121150 to get registered. Or call to the pro shop. All you need to register is your GUI/ILGU number your name and email address. GOLF: LETTERKENNY GOLF CLUB NEWS was last modified: April 12th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GOLF: LETTERKENNY GOLF CLUB NEWS
The scene of devastation following the Real IRA bomb attack on OmaghTHE man accused of building the bomb used to kill 29 people in Omagh including three Buncrana schoolboys has been arrested by anti-terrorist police in the North.Joseph Patrick ‘Mooch’ Blair was arrested in Newry four days after a senior dissident Seamus Daly, was charged with murdering 29 people in the 1998 terrorist attack.Blair was named in the House of Commons in 2002 by unionist MP Jeffrey Donaldson as the name who made the bomb. The PSNI said officers “investigating dissident republican terrorist activity have arrested a 58 year old man in Newry”. He is being held in Antrim police station for questioning. SECOND MAN ARRESTED IN OMAGH BOMBING PROBE was last modified: April 15th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:arrestMooch BlairOmagh bombPSNI