4th International Congress on Rural Tourism opened

first_imgPanels on international tourist cultural routes, the role of emigrants, returnees and national minorities in rural, and the role of LAGs and LAGURs in sustainable tourism, lectures, presentations, workshops, Sustainable Development Festival, exhibitions, Eco-ethno trade show, innovative dinner Brač specialties, are only part of the rich program of the Fourth International Congress on Rural Tourism “New Time – Time for Rural Tourism” which is held from 9 to 13 May in Supetar on Brac.”Our goal is to show examples of good practice, creative ideas of our rural masters, measures of various incentives to start their own economies, but also to show that rural tourism is not only old-fashioned, but also compatible with modern digital technologies and communications. continue to preserve the authentic experience of our offer”, Said the president of the Croatian Association for Tourism and Rural Development” Village Members Club “Dijana Katica at the opening ceremony of the fourth International Congress on Rural Tourism, which will be held until Sunday in Supetar.In addition to the scientific and professional public, the congress is intended for tourist farms and entrepreneurs in rural tourism, LAGs, and LAGURs who will be introduced to the latest trends in the field of rural tourism at workshops and trainings. And according to these trends, guests are increasingly interested in the history, culture and tradition of the destination where they stay, they want to get involved in local life during the holidays. “The task before us is to bring Croatia closer to the world as a year-round destination with a rich and diverse offer throughout all twelve months. It is in this process that continental tourism and related branches of selective forms of tourism come to the fore. Rural tourism has a lot of room for growth and development, it is a product for which guests from large urban areas and cities who want to enjoy nature, peace and who prefer an authentic experience and home-grown food show interest. The world trend is autochthonous and natural, what Croatia has abundantly from Slavonia to Imotski Krajina”, Said Kristjan Staničić, director of the Main Office of the Croatian National Tourist Board.Rural tourism in Croatia follows world trends. Since 2018 has been declared the year of European cultural heritage, among the topics of the congress are cultural routes in rural tourism, which will be discussed by Stefano Dominioni, President of the Institute for Cultural Routes at the Council of Europe. “In the Dalmatian hinterland, only two percent of the space is used for rural tourism, and the potential in that county for this type of tourism has about 70 percent. “, are data presented by Joško Stella, director of the Split-Dalmatia County Tourist Board, which is hosting the congress for the second time. The first International Congress on Rural Tourism was held on Hvar.Rural space, household holidays, local gastronomy, active holidays in nature are of interest to socially and ecologically aware guests who expect the tourist offer to be in line with their beliefs. They come on holiday mainly outside the main tourist season, they are looking for an authentic experience, as a rule they have higher purchasing power and they come to the destination by their own car. Rural tourism is an increasingly sought-after form of offer with great tourist potential throughout the year, which generates new jobs, new facilities and economic development in rural areas, while creative and authentic offer is in focus.For more information on the International Congress on Rural Tourism on Brač, see HERElast_img read more

Construction Continues at IJmuiden Sea Lock

first_imgAt the end of last year, BAM and VolkerWessels reported disappointing financial results related to the new sea lock project in IJmuiden, the Netherlands.The reason for the higher costs, they said, was the robustness of the caissons and the need to recalculate their structural strength.The impact of this development on the completion date of the project is now being calculated and discussed by Rijkswaterstaat and contracting consortium OpenIJ.“We will inform you of any consequences of these developments as soon as more information becomes available,” the consortium said.Meanwhile, the Port of Amsterdam announced that from 9 April 2018 to 4 May 2018, the IJmuiden Middle Lock will be obstructed due to modifications carried out to the fendering system and the canal bed protection of the Middenbinnentoeleidingskanaal (the inner approach channel to the Middle Lock).“These activities are the result of the construction of the new sea lock. Ships will therefore have to use the other locks of the IJmuiden lock complex. This may cause some delay. A service technician is available 24/7 to guarantee that lock passages can continue as normal,” the port said.When completed in 2019, the new lock chamber will be 70 meters wide, 500 meters long and 18 meters deep, making it the biggest sea lock in the world.last_img read more

Martinez focused solely on Wigan

first_img Press Association With David Moyes set to be announced as Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor later on Thursday, Martinez is clear favourite to end up at Goodison Park, but with an FA Cup Final looming on Saturday and Premier League survival to secure after that, Martinez has no time for distractions. “At this moment in time it would be a waste of time,” said Martinez. “The most important thing is to be as ready as we can for Saturday and then the two other finals we have in the league after that. It is the peak time for us. We want our fans to be proud of us and that is what we are fighting for.” Wigan boss Roberto Martinez has claimed it would be a waste of time for Everton to contact him over their impending managerial vacancy as his mind is totally focused on Wigan for the final week of the season.center_img He added: “What goes around on the outside doesn’t affect us. We won’t lose any focus.” Meanwhile, Martinez confirmed Paraguay defender Antolin Alcaraz was “50-50” to feature against Manchester City at the weekend as he battled to recover from a hamstring injury. “He will definitely play before the end of the season, which is something we are very pleased with,” said Martinez. “But I don’t know about Saturday. I wouldn’t say yes, or no yet.” Definitely out are Maynor Figueroa, Jean Beausejour and Ronnie Stam, although there was some positive news about the Dutchman, who did not break his leg in Tuesday’s home defeat to Swansea as initially feared. “It is ankle ligament damage,” said Martinez. “But he is still going to be out for a long time.” last_img read more